Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring Break!

Dear Nikki,

I am very glad to hear that you're not dead! Excellent news. I am also not dead. I was just enjoying my lovely Spring Break last week! I didn't get as much work done as I had planned (since when is that a surprise), but I did get some skiing done, and some much needed resting. I spent the first weekend up in Whistler in the Roxy All-Star Women's Ski Camp. Basically, it was two great days of lessons. My skiing has dramatically improved, my confidence in particular. I can now ski down black diamond runs! Even ones with trees! It may not be pretty skiing, but I haven't been panicking, and I do get down it, so that's great! On Monday I was back in town for a meeting. Tuesday, my aunt and I did some fabric shopping. We bought some brown fabric for my new shower curtain (not yet in progress), and... some fabric for the bridesmaids' shawls. What do you think?
Dress with Shawl and Telephone Cord

Shawl with Dress

It's a sheer off-white fabric with little bits of silver going through it. You can't actually see the silver from a distance, it just looks kind of sparkly. I think it's pretty and I hope the other girls like it too! And anyhow, if they don't work out, we just won't wear them and that will be fine.

Wednesday and Thursday were occupied by some more skiing, and the (very quick) hemming of the first shawl, using a serger. The shawl is currently way too long, but I didn't have the dress with me to figure out what the right length would be, so I'll be trying them on together sometime this week. How exciting!

The weekend I spent doing a bit more work, and watching tv. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason was on TBS this weekend, as well as a few other movies. I didn't watch all of them, but I taped a few so that I could watch them later. It was very relaxing. Do you know what I didn't do though? Knit my new yarn! Why? you ask (I can hear you). The yarn isn't here yet. I've been checking my mail regularly in the hopes that it will arrive, but so far, no dice (and, more importantly, no yarn).

Anyhow, I'd better get to bed. I have to get up early for work tomorrow (I really enjoyed sleeping in last week)! Love,
Laura

p.s. Currently reading: I just finished Handful of Time by Kit Pearson. It was very good. I was actually in the book store (okay, fine, the book section of my grocery store) looking for The Lights Go On Again by the same author (I think I borrowed it from you once) because I had just finished reading the other two books of the War Guest Trilogy and wanted to complete it. The grocery store didn't have what I was looking for, so I bought Handful of Time instead. An excellent book though. In celebration of St. Patrick's Day (sort of but not really) I'm reading Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy. Can you tell I'm in a re-reading phase?

No comments: