Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dear Nikki,

I know I'm in trouble when you've posted twice between my posts!

First and foremost, I can't believe you've already finished the table runner! It's looks fantastic! Congratulations. The baby blanket looks very cute too. I made some very basic baby blankets (I cut flannel into squares and serged the edges) while I was home for a colleague's baby-on-the-way. Yours is definitely much nicer!

It sounds like you've found yourself a nice, friendly place to visit/work! It sounds very cold though. It snowed here today for the third time since I moved here, which is quite a lot of snow for Vancouver. I still find it kind of funny the way the whole city seems to shut down when it snows. However, it seems to be largely due to inexperience with snow (if you don't shovel the driveway right away, it will become slippery and a huge pain in a couple of days, and seriously, clear off your cars! Especially the rear windshield!), and due to lack of snow clearing equipment. It's also a bigger problem here because of the hills; if it's snowy and I haven't shovelled the driveway, it is steep enough that I won't be able to drive out without chains on my tires. Luckily, there is no snow accumulation where I am, so I haven't had to spend the evening shovelling.

Incidentally, speaking of places up North, have you had a chance to keep up with FBOFW while you're up there? I won't spoil anything until you let me know, but I sure do want to know what's going to happen tomorrow morning!

Anyhow, I'm off to fire up my work laptop to type up some notes for my 8:30 class tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

Laura

No comments: