Friday, January 5, 2007

Let the blogging begin!

Dear Laura,

I am so impressed! Malcolm's sweater looks perfect, and he looks absolutely thrilled with it. Well done! I've never tackled an entire sweater before, and I sure admire your fortitude.

And secondly, well done again! Our blog looks great! I particularly like the pink. (This is shocking to you, I know...ha!) I'm so excited to get writing! Now, where to start...

Well, we have a new little addition to our household. Two new additions, I suppose. Meet Mrs. Stitchy:


She was a Christmas gift of sorts, in the way that every time my mom and I go shopping together and I "buy" something, it ends up mostly being a gift. She was out of stock when we bought her (just after Christmas) but she finally arrived at the catalogue depot here in town yesterday. I took her for a run last night and enjoyed myself thoroughly. These new sewing machines are so quiet! (I know, I sound like a grandmother. But my Mom's machine is LOUD, and Mrs. Stitchy is so quiet that I was using her while we watched TV last night and Brad didn't even grumble!)

In other news, Brad got a bike. It doesn't have a name yet. It's currently living in our living room because it's a fancy-schmancy racing bike and our neighbours have issues with remembering to lock the basement door - so apparently it has to live inside our apartment when it's not out doing what bikes do best. Fortunately, it's a pretty handsome bike, and it's keeping Mrs. Stitchy company at the moment.


Well, I'm off to the fabric store and then to spend some quality time with Mrs. Stitchy. Remember that awesome sewing kit that you got me for Christmas? I will hopefully have pictures to show you tomorrow!

Love,
Nikki


p.s. I love this idea! Currently reading: Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume I. After getting hooked on Laurie R. King's fiction about Holmes' later years (which we both love), I decided I should check out the originals, too. Turns out they're great! I also just finished Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lam, which won the Giller Prize this year. It was excellent, too. It's about medical students, residents, and physicians in Toronto, and I found it a bit close to home at times - strikingly accurate, particularly about some of the less-flattering stuff. You can borrow it if you want to read it!

No comments: