Friday, January 26, 2007

Interesting...

Dear Laura,

Dr. Couz, a blog-friend who became a real-life-friend through a surprising encounter*, has tagged me to do an "interesting things about me" meme. The idea is to list 5 interesting things about yourself. Hmmm....

1. Some of the residencies that I seriously considered before deciding that rural family medicine was my true passion: pediatrics, internal medicine (with a view towards rheumatology), and orthopedic surgery. Yes, really.

2. One of the best trips I've ever taken was a cross-country road trip with my cousin (and soon-to-be matron-of-honour) and two other friends. We drove west and ended up on the Queen Charlotte Islands. It was phenomenal.

3. One of my biggest pet peeves is "unnecessary" quotation marks. Is it a "sale" or just a sale?!

4. I don't know if this is really an interesting thing about me, per se, but I do have some interesting relatives: my distant cousins are fairly famous Canadian musicians (Leahy), and my uncle is is a street luger in the X-games on ESPN.

5. When I was in grade six, I was afraid to go to school dances because I didn't know how to dance. Now, it's one of my favourite forms of physical activity - I've taken lessons in both ballroom dancing and Irish dancing and I'd love to do more.

Laura, I don't know how much of this is a surprise to you - but I realized that there aren't many interesting things about me that you don't know. Couz, I hope this was interesting!

I'm supposed to tag some more people do this....

1. Laura, it's your turn!
2. Tammy, one of my favourite artists, whose blog always makes me laugh.
3. Kristen, who I'm not sure has found this blog yet. Kristen, if you're here, speak up! :)

Hope you're enjoying the weekend,
Nikki

*I walked onto the ward on the first day of a new rotation this year and met one of my very friendly residents. As we chatted, she mentioned that she had recently returned from her honeymoon, and I thought in the back of my mind, "hmmm...someone I know just got back from a honeymoon....who was it?" A little while later, she pulled me aside and said, "do you knit?" When I replied in the affirmative, she said, "I KNOW YOU!" Turns out it was the author of a blog that I had been reading for quite a while!

1 comment:

Bo... said...

A fellow knitter...