Friday, January 5, 2007

Yay!

Hey Nikki,

I know this will come as a huge shock to you too, but I actually did choose the pink background because I thought you would like it. And because I wanted something that looked a bit different, and in use I think this template looks very nice!

Guess what! I got the apartment I wanted! It's really, really nice. The view is fantastic. It's in excellent condition, and all the appliances and everything are in good working order. The walls are (would you believe it) blue, and almost exactly the shade of blue I tend to choose when choosing blue paint. It's not huge, but there's a fair amount of storage space with closets and such. The building is also really nice, including an exercise room, sauna, underground parking, and a "hobby room". Apparently, if you want to do anything like sawing or laying out your pattern for sewing or hobby type things, you can just head down to the hobby room, and as long as you leave it as you found it, there are no problems! I'm so excited!

My other big news is that I'm finally settling back into Guiding again. As you may (or may not) recall, I had some trouble getting the Vancouver Guiding people to get in touch with me when I first moved out here. I ended up mentionning it to my former district commissioner in Toronto, who sent out an email to see if anyone needed me sometime in October. I got lots of lovely emails then, but was too busy and disorganized to get it set up until now. So hopefully I'll be going to my first meeting soon!

Congrats on your new family members! Mrs. Stitchy looks very nice (nicer than the old one I offered to loan you, that's for sure!). I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with her. Brad's new bike also looks... practical. I'm sure it's a lovely bike, but I really don't know much about these things. I definitely understand about keeping bikes indoors though. When one of my former lab mates got an apartment he and his roommate needed one with a bike room, because between the two of them they owned about 7 bikes I think!

By the way, further screwed up weather: it snowed here today. And the high in Toronto for tomorrow is 15 degrees. What's up with that?

Laura

p.s. Currently reading: actually nothing. My aunt just told me that Marley & Me gets really sad towards the end because the dog dies... so I'm about to go on the prowl to find another of my aunt's books to read. Wish me luck! I have actually heard of Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures because my parents got it from Liz's mom for Christmas (I think). Liz's mom knows the author, since she teaches doctors to teach at UofT.

No comments: